LaurasPills

LaurasPills

mercoledì 7 agosto 2019

How to care for problematic nails










Hello!
This post will be a bit different but I think it is important to talk about whats underneath our canvas, our natural nails and their frame, cuticles!

I used to have strong, long and beautiful nails, they were growing fast and they do not need a lot of taking care of. then I started having health issues and the fairytale with my nails ended soon, with low iron levels and anticoagulants I said farewell to my strong and long nails.

My nails became so brittle and weak that I had to use full cover false nails for nailart (yep this is my darkest secret).

That said, I still wanted my natural to look good and long so I that I could paint them and be nice in my daily life.

So I have learned in these last years how to take care of problematic nails, here are some tips that I would like to share with you:

1. Keep them painted

The number one mistake I did when trying to fix my nails was to keep them natural and away from polishes. At the time I did not realized that polish was a big help for my brittle nails, it provides extra layers serving as protection to your nails.
I always switch base coat, I alternate whitening base coat and stenghten base coat (this last one can make the nails stronger but also dryer, so I suggest to do not use it everytime).



2. File them .... in one direction

Do not file them back and forth but in one direction. Going back and forth will heat your nails and create minor cracks.
Also a rounder shape will prevent breaking at the edges.

3 Don't cut your cuticle and keep them moisturazed

Our cuticles are a very important barrier that stops bacteria, germs and fungus. I have never cutted them.
Cuticles can be pushed back with an orange stick after you use a moistirizing oil to soften them.
The oil should be used not only for manicure routine but everyday best before bed time and more than one time at day.

In these last days I used the new cuticle pen from Born Pretty Store, they sent me this and few other products to try and review for you. Id code # 42380


As you can see it has the shape of a pen that you can easily carry in your purse or leave it on your desk while working on the pc.


It has an easy to use applicator that features a brush top with a twist up applicator to add more oil to the brush. You have to turn the base of the pen to force the oil into the brush tip. I like that - keeps the oil from running out all over the place.  It's very easy to use and there's no mess. I like that I can control the amount of oil that is dispensed through the applicator


 You can get a 10% discount at @bornprettyofficial using my code: RASX31


The ingredients are all natural: it has natural oils such as Safflower oil, olive oil, grape seed oil to moisture formulated for cracked and rigid cuticles and nails.
It also has Keratin and vitamin E to strengthen the nails.
It has also a very nice smell,

I have been using it for a week and as you can see from the picture this oil helps to restore a healthy nailsurface and the formula moisturaze the cuticle and penetrate easily.

If you want to use it as a cuticle softener. These are the instructions:
1.Apply cuticle softener and wait for 1-2 mins
2.Push the dead skin softly with cuticle pusher
3.Remove the dead skin with cuticle clipper
4.Apply cuticle oil

I hope this post was helpful! Have you tried these tips before? What works for your nails?
I would love to know!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento