LaurasPills

LaurasPills

mercoledì 10 gennaio 2018

Secret garden nail art!Born Pretty Store Thermal polish!


A thermal nail polish is a varnish that is going to change its colour depending on the temperature of the environment.
The colour that I have chosen is number 025 a brigh pink/coral in cold environment and a very light  white in hot temperature.
The consistency is a bit thicker than the normal polishes I am used to and the finish is very interesting too because is not completely matte, but not shiny more like a gummy finish.


You can buy it at this link:
http://www.bornprettystore.com/born-pretty-mood-color-changing-nail-polish-thermal-nail-lacquer-varnish-colors-p-40479.html




I was very curious to try some colour changing polish because you can have two different styles in a moment, your nail polish will change throught out the day a lot of times and most of the time it will create an ombrèe effect between the two colours. It is a fast nail look on its own but I decided I wanted to play a little bit with it.



I wanted to create a secret garden nail art. It is secret because when your hands are cold it looks like a nornal pink/coral nail polish but when your nails are warm the nail polish turns light pink(white) and it reveals the floral design.



Here is a video showing the colour changing effect! Can you spot the reflection of the air dryer I used to warm my hands??? :-D





I started with a clear base then I painted all nails in a white plain shade. Then I painted two coats of thermal pink/coral nail polish. I let it dry completely and I stamped over with a very similar shade.
Since the shade is not exactly the same and the finishes are different (gummy/matte for the thermal polish and glossy for the normal polish) and my body temperature is always quite high, you are still able to see a bit of the design on cold temperature too but it is still a nice surprise; when all nails are warm, the difference is stunning!












Nessun commento:

Posta un commento